Thursday, April 18, 2013

Mine

The seat before me is bare. The gentle jostling of the train upon the tracks as it ascends a hill to pull into the next station distracts me briefly from my absentminded reverie. The pages in the book left long neglected flips over lazily in my hands.

The seat before me is bare. Sometimes, though, it isn't. Sometimes the seat beside me is - and when it is, sometimes even then, it is not.

You've always been there, sitting across from me, or at my side. Quietly, yet consciously. Sometimes I look over, unfocused, sometimes I forget to breathe. Sometimes you're there in a pause, and peripherally.

You've always been there, where the seat has been empty. You've always been there, before we even met.

A moment all alone, suddenly I sense you. A whisper by my ear, a warmth behind me, at my shoulder. On a crowded bus, a sudden happy thought. In every moment I needed you, in each moment all alone, somehow there I found you, even before you were my own.

7 comments:

  1. I need to find another word for BEAUTIFUL!!

    Btw, welcome back Miss.IQ =]

    Found a word(s)............. Heart Wrenching :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. IS said exactly what was on my mind. We need another word similar to beautiful that can do justice to your words :)

    And *makes self comfy* ahh, my favourite blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I think I just realized - officially realized - this is my favourite blog also. I just skimmed through some posts and I realized I feel.......very "me". Even as abstract or as sad or vague I write here, it feels good :)

      Delete
  3. :)

    This post reminds me of the song by Savage Garden " I knew I loved you Before I met you"

    *Passes Miss.Roo a blanky*

    ReplyDelete
  4. *loss of words*
    ..I absolutely love how your posts make me feel this way. Just.. Wow.

    ReplyDelete